1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ekings, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ekings

ekings Guest

I had a modded PS2. slim type..How can I use HDD in my PS2..

I had an HDD and External USB.

Can anybody help me on what do to9 next in order for me to play games in hdd in my slim ps2..

Does it need for me the SwapMagic?

I can already Boot Dev1 and Dev2...Guys please help me on this...

Im a newbie regarding about it.

Thanks

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Well, if you happen to have a V12 or V13, you can get an HD Combo case and install an internal hard drive. Which is better than an external in every way. Plus the case has dual fans to help with cooling. (Seagate and Maxtor will fit best)

If not an external (or internal drive in external enclosure) is your only option.

You can run them by either getting getting a mod chip (Crystal Chip V2.0 or DMS4 Pro SE) or by using a set of discs.
    HD Advanced 3.0 for internal
    USB Extreme for external

if you don't know your version
    http://www.ps2laser.co.uk/id24.htm

if you want a list of compatible hard drives
    http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  4. ekings

ekings Guest

My Ps2 is in ver. 14 or 15, i am not sure...

I think the only solution for me is to use an hdd with usb external enclosure. Right?

My Ps2 is already modded with Matrix Infinity.

NOw how would i setup my ps2...Do i still need to use swapmagic?

Please help me on this...

thanks...

5. ekings

ekings Guest

update..need more info

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes you need either an external drive, or an internal drive in an external enclosure. Whichever is cheapest for you. Just check a compatibility chart before you buy one.

To run games from disc, which you will have to do with some since USB hard drives are not known for having real good game compatibility, you will not need swap magic at all due to the Matrix Infinity chip.
    For games on the hard drive you use USB Xtreme discs to load those.

With your model there is really no way to avoid it. Unless of course you buy a used older fat model, get a DMS4 Pro SE or Crystal Chip 2.0 installed. And use an internal hard drive.
    This would give you some advantages
    . no discs to run hard drive
    . HDD is internal so faster loading times and better game compatibility

7. ekings

ekings Guest

i already started doing all the guide and tutorials in my ps2 to run in hdd with usb external enclosure...

i had already the tools: External USB enclosure, HDD and already burn the USB Advance in a cd....

But when i put the usb advance cd...nothing happens...all i got is a black screen...

is there something i had done wrong...Do i still need load some files in my hdd? After I format it? Does i still need to put a folder in my HDD--a swapmagic folder...

need help....

thanks

8. ekings

ekings Guest

update....need more info

9. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007