1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODDED PSP (dropped)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by GHOST686, Aug 14, 2007.

1. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

So i know someone that bought a psp with a mod chip already in it. (the person is 12) and well they droped the psp. and well now the buttons dont work. is there a way to restore the psp to make it work? and even if that dont work should i buy it from the person for like $40? cause it still has the mod chip inside and i can always take it out right? and i can always use the psp for spare parts..

or is it not worth it?

just wanted to know what you all think......

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

You could open the PSP up and see if a connector was knocked loose or something, thats about it.
    No, I wouldn't reccomend trying to take out the modchip, because it wont work once you try and solder it again. Just sell for parts is your best bet, other than fixing all the connectors.

3. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

what would I need to take the psp apart? and do I need to know anything special about the connectors? like are they right next to the buttons?

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

A #000 screwdriver to take it apart.
    The connectors would be near the buttons, yes.

5. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

a #000 ? what is that? is that in like a everyday tool set?

6. letsmod

letsmod Guest

it is a jeweler's philip head screwdriver size 000

7. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

i will try to find it. i dont think this base in japan has one in there store. but i will look