1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded system, system link game and game updates

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lwoodio, Jul 7, 2007.

1. lwoodio

lwoodio Member

I have a modded console. My friend has a normal console. We are trying to play a system link game of Rainbow Six Vegas.

Here's the problem. We tried to play the system link game and it said we were running different versions of the game. I don't want to connect my modded console to Xbox live so I gave him my hard drive to put the updates for Rainbow six on there so we could be on the same version to play together.

Now when i launch Rainbow Six, my xbox is saying "To proceed, security and program updates are required. Updates will be added to your console to ensure security and proper functionality. If you do not accept this update, you will be returned to the Xbox Dashboard."

Will this update break my Xbox or prevent me from playing my backups in any way? I have NoT connected it to Xbox Live, I gave my friend my HDD to download updates for me.

Now when I put in ANY game, it is making me choose yes or no to running the update.... I can't play anything without choosing yes or no.... HELP!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Dont double post keep it all in ONEthread!!!