1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded wii can't read backup's

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by fred20, Jan 2, 2008.

1. fred20

fred20 Member

I've just received my modded wii back from an installer with the new Argon chip

However none of my backups can be read by the console - although the originals are all fine. The machine simply gives me a message can't read disk

All 10 of the discs are burnt to Verbatim -R's using either Nero or ImgBurn at a low speed (either 2 or 4 speed)with a Pioneer 111D burner

Can anyone suggest where the problem may lie

Cheers
    Fred

2. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

the one sentence tells me your media, burner and burning speed are fine.

Argon chip? I've never heard of that, is it a wiikey clone? I would say either a faulty chip or shoddy install job.

Strange though because a good installer will usually test several games before giving you back a modded system.

Definitely call back your installer.

Just as a preventative measure though, the 10 discs weren't all the same game right? In that case it could have been a corrupt image and obviously I would tell you to try another.

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

the argon chip is the latest chip available for d2c wiis

its just relatively new thats why u maybe havent heard of it

i would try different brands of discs or if the installer is close take it back and ask him to show it working

take note of which discs he uses and get some of them

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  4. fred20

fred20 Member

Thanks for the advice - have emailed the installer and am awaiting his response - it was 10 different iso's so I'd be amazed if this was the problem.

I'll try to get hold of an alternative brand of discs tomorrow and give that a go although I thought I was playing safe with Verbatim

Cheers
    Fred

5. GRIM1

GRIM1 Member

i had problems with Verabatims TY03, i know people speak highly of them but just didnt work for me...just constant disc errors, dunno if it was the Wii of my DVD writer....it reads the G04 & G05 dye discs fine....(Ritek)

6. sihota

sihota Member

are you sure that the game you burned are an iso fiele and where did you download them from and are you sure your wii is correctly modded

7. fred20

fred20 Member

Sihota ,

All of the images are iso's which have been downlaoded from newsgroups - If one or two weren't working then I would have my suspicions about their validity but seems odd for all 10 not to work.I'm about to burn some of the images to RITEK discs to see if that helps but I'm not convinced

Have been in touch with my chipper and he is going to have a look at the hardware again - hopefully this should resolve the problem

Cheers
    Fred