1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded Wii Questions ? Please Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by FijianBoy, Feb 5, 2008.

1. FijianBoy

FijianBoy Member

Hi i have a USA Wii. I have a D2CKey Modchip in my Wii can i update my Wii or will it mess up something if i update it. I ve heard that some people update their Modded Wii from the internet and it works fine is this true ?can any one tell me how to update my Wii from the internet. Everyone one is saying that it has a stealth mode and that its undectable and some peple are saying that i souldnt update my Wii if i have a D2CKey but iono i want to make sure before i do anything with my Wii. Please Help Anyone Thanks

(P.S) I already now NOT to Update my Wii with Reigonal games i alrady have Wii Brick Blocker.

2. juniR

juniR Guest

Sure you will be fine updating over the internet - it is at this time the safest way. You can access internet update on the 3rd page of Wii settings.

3. FijianBoy

FijianBoy Member

Hi sorry guys for the multi-post i didn't think i posted the other one i guess i did though so my bad. oh yea so its ok for me just to update my Wii from my system like i go on the 3rd page of Wii Settings and i can just click System Update ?????

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

5. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

It may give some speech about unauthorized modifications and how they can break your Wii, but I don't think that it has any impact whatsoever on your update.

(I had the worst Wiikey install ever with little bits of metal and wires floating everywhere, and it worked fine after the update, so I guess the warning isn't relevant.)

6. FijianBoy

FijianBoy Member

Oh alright thanks NDarkness

That sucks how ur Wii was all messed up but at least it started working Oxadillia but thanks for info