1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded Xbox 360 question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by algtz1, Dec 5, 2007.

1. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I saw a modde xbox 360 being offered on craigslist. I asked him if it was flashed withe the current iextreme firmware but he was not sure and told me that it was flashed a year ago. Can anyone speculate if an xbox modded a year ago would have the new iextreme firmware. Secondly is there a way to tell from the the xbox dashboard what its flashed with or would I have to connect the xbox to my pc ves sata cable to find out? He assured me that it plays backups. But I want to be certain that it plays current backups and not backups from games from last year. Any comments welcomed.

2. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

well, if it was a year ago, its not current, and probably far from it. There is no way i know of to find out what firmware is on it unless you already know. i would suggest if you want to buy it, flash it yourself when you get it, or maybe you can convince him to update it before you buy it. if you cant do either one of those, i wouldnt buy it. and find out if it is a banned console before you purchase. jsut cuz it plays backups doesnt mean it can go online.

3. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

I agree with Ghostbugg....if you cant go online with it...whats the point? also if I did my research right, I dont think there is anyway to reverse a banned console, that or its a pain in the arse. But yeah if he said the firmware was flashed last year and no updates since, it's definitely not the most current which did come out not too long ago if I'm correct, isnt it iextreme 1.3 now? If it was me....I wouldnt buy! Ask if its banned, and ask if he can upgrade it to 1.3 (if thats the current version) and ask if he'll give you your money back or is he selling it "As is"? be cautious though....

4. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to pass on that deal, I think I'll just wait and buy a new console and then pay someone to modd it with the latest iextreme firmware.

5. DC_FC79

DC_FC79 Member

why mod it, you wont be able to go online wit it and if you do you'll get banned

6. StanLane

StanLane Guest

you're a moron, dude, you can go online with backups. You're just upset he can afford to get it modded or can do it himself, while your stuck paying your 6 year old Xbox.

7. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

easy man.... thats not nesccassary. its always a possibility. i have been playing backups online for almost a year now and havent had any problems. but my cousins xbox, which i modded, was banned when the last update came out. granted the firmware was about 3 versions old but still, you never know. if you do mod it. keep up with the updates. its still not garunteed though.