1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded xbox, emulators installed but empty

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by kiaya, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kiaya

kiaya Member

I have a modded xbox, it is a hard mod, heres the problem, we had a problem with is and installed the slayer program, it totally formatted the xbox so now we have all these emulators but they are empty. I know I am going to sound totally DUMB but here is my question; How do you get the games off the internet INTO your xbox! can you please give me a detailed instructions.. PLEASE. I have had this modded USELESS xbox for about a year and a half now and its FRUSTRATING! I want to use it

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

ok your talking about getting roms for your emulators onto you xbox? ok you need to search google for download roms and find the ones you want then you need to ftp to your xbox (search a tutorial if you dont know how) and put them in e/emulators/the emulators that the rom is for/roms

3. kiaya

kiaya Member

Well I have tried and tried, I am Really about to bang my head up against the wall. I am going nuts. I did a search on how to FTP your xbox, and from what I understood you need to download evox, so that was SOOOO hard but eventually I got a fTP commander and using the mIRC I got a password and user name to distribution.xbins.org, got in there and downloaded evolition-x..... which from what I understand is evox. NOw its in there and I do not know how to open it. Is there anyway that anyone can take me further, I really cannot stand this! I have come long way now and really want to finish it. I read the tutorials, and they assume you know how to open evox, it will not open, keeps giving me a error please help....

4. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

You dont have to have evox, what dash are you running right now? Unleash-X?

5. kiaya

kiaya Member

Okay, I got everything hooked up, I even linked my xbox to my PC and have games in the flashFXp ready to transfer but I do not have a emulators folder. How do I make one ? is it necessary to make one?

6. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

In FlashFXP, right click in F or G or whereever your stuff is going and select "make folder" and name it emulators. Then put all your emulators and roms there accordingly.

7. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

it's e or f, g is the dvd drive

8. joshjames

joshjames Member

I can't help you with the ftp thing, but once you get a dashboard installed, which I highly recommend the UnleashX dashboard, transferring files is really easy. You need a cd burner though. You just burn the files you want to a cd and put them in the xbox, from there you use the file manager program that comes with the dashboard to copy the files from the disc to the xbox. The great thing is that the xbox reads cd-rw's better than cd-r's, so you can wipe the disc clean and keep reusing it. If you have the burner and cd's and stuff, transfering to your xbox couldn't be easier. If you don't, sorry I couldn't help you.