1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded Xbox info/Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Crimson2, May 22, 2011.

1. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

I have a modded xbox that I recently got from a friend and I dont know any of the info on it and was wondering where I check that out.

I was also wondering about updates I recently tried playing a newer game and it said I needed to apply a update to my system will that brick my console?

Thanks in advance.

2. GI2

GI2 Regular member

It won't brick your console. It's not a Wii... And why don't you ask your friend what mod did he put in your Xbox?

3. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

Hes actually a friend from work i don't see him very often due to his position but hes a good guy would you know what tab i can check the info my system? the system tab only shows my console id and such

4. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

So i applied the update and the game says the disc is un readable now...however my other backed up games still do is there some kind of protection on new games?

5. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

u might have old ixtreme lt 1.1,did u get a dash update or game disc update,if so your still on the safe side for now,you would need lt plus to play newer games,but at the moment xbox live has an update that reflashes your drive to there stock firmware to play the new disc format

6. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

You firmware is probably too old to read the game. AP2.5 protection is enabled to these games when you update your dashboard to 2.0.12625.0. Games with AP2.5 will need LT+ and will need to be properly patched with abgx in order to boot.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
    Fabe III
    Black Ops
    Modern Warfare 2
    Halo Reach

To check your system version go to System Settings -> Console Settings and it should tell you

7. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

I am fairly certan i did a dash update because my dashboard is different now but my backed up games still play fine

I am assuming i need to update my firmware but i don't really have much of a clew what im dealing with at this point i might need quite a bit of help since i haven't really followed the Xbox till now