1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modded xbox online?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by yt72, Mar 4, 2007.

1. yt72

yt72 Guest

you know ive always wonderd can you play online with a modded xbox i have the exicuter 3 in and id like to play online and if its free and so on ??????? because ive heard ppl playing online and i hear people saying that ms can brick your hdd and so on but thats verry hard to belive...greatly apreacheated

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you can if you own the game , disable the modchip.
    If you are scared then get Xlink Kai and XBconnect. They are two free online services with many Xbox games you can play. And you will not get banned for a modded system on those. Only problem with them is cheaters, but you will find those everywhere. You just have to meet a few good non-cheaters, set up private rooms, and then you are ok.

3. shinin

shinin Member

can you play online with backed up games but a modless xbox?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

Oxymoron...
    how would an unmodded xbox play a back-up game?

5. shinin

shinin Member

sorry, its modded but it wasnt opened, it doesnt use a modchip

6. theridges

theridges Guest

if it has a softmod then it will have to be the dual-boot SID 4.5....
    and you have to have an xbox live account on the xbox before you softmod it....

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yep, what he said :)

you just have to use SID 4.5 set it up for dual boot. When you want to play online you boot to the MS dash using the eject button instead of the power button. But as above make sure you do your XBL account first. Once you softmod you can not set one up.

8. bernstine

bernstine Member

theridges, can a soft-modded xbox with Evolution X on it every be made to play Xbox Live safely? I don't want to cheat or get banned, just play and have the luxury of ranking and such.

Thanks!

-bern

9. shinin

shinin Member

thanx theridges and steimy. i got the softmod put in right away after buying my xbox. if only i knew, no xbox live for me:(

10. steimy

steimy Active member

Just use Xlink Kai or XBconnect then. They are free and do not care about mods to your Xbox. Unfortunately they also do not care about people cheating so until you meet a good group and are able to set up private rooms you will have to deal with them.

It is truly a sad day when people are so lame that they can not even play against people without using cheats. If you suck then deal with it like a man. Play more and get better and die a lot while trying.

11. corn

corn Guest

Don't know much, but I am pretty sure if you dual boot, you don't need the XBconnect and all that other stuff.