1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded xbox's definete NO on xbox live?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by roccy82, Apr 9, 2004.

1. roccy82

roccy82 Member

I have heard that Microsft scan harddrives and stuff like that if you have a modded xbox on xbox live. But is this 100% true? What about if you are playing a game that is copied on a DVD-R? Has anyone tried this? 1 more question. Does anyone know the penalty if you are caught?

2. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

Don't wanna be too awfully rude here..but n00b. You can play live with a chip, but you MUST disable the chip BEFORE you turn your box on. You have to boot from standard M$ dash, and you CAN NOT play burned games live. Hope this answers your questions, which could have been SEARCHED for.

3. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

XxHaXx don't post if you don't want to fully answer the questions.

It seems it's true that microsoft scan the harddrives but not to see if you have chipped your xbox because they can't read what's on the drive. They just check to see if you have installed a bigger hard drive.

The penalty if you are caught leaving your chip on on live is banning of your EEPROM chip which means that your xbox won't connect to xbox live until you find a friend that doesn't go on live then steal his EEPROM and change it with yours (quite an hassle if you ask me).

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah the M$ scanning hard drives seems true, but it also might be a marketing ploy by the SMARTXX team beacuse no other modchip team had released any statements about this . that i know of any way

You can play on xbox live with a chip, but your xbox WILL GET BANNED and you don't want that to happen do you?
    you would have to find a new eeprom and install that in order to get back on xbox live.

you'll have to disable your modchip and be using the original game disc.

if you wanna play online with your backups use xboxconnect or anyother tunnelling software, but you can only play sytem links games on tunneling software.

5. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Yeh thanks Daskins. I downloaded and installed XBConnect. I have a fair few games which are avaliable on it. I tried Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow and it work perfect, no lag what so ever. and i only have 512 down and 128 up. i also played Rainbow six 3, Counter-strike and GR:Island Thunder. I really recommend if you have a modded xbox, and you wanna play online, use XBConnect.

http://www.xbconnect.com <------ Go there!

6. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Oh Yeh! And XxHaXx, im no NOOB!
    Peace out