1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding a PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ZeroLink, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ZeroLink

ZeroLink Guest

Hi I have a problem and I am wondering if someone out there can help. See my PS2 model is SCPH 75001 and I am trying to Mod it with SwapMagic 3, It came with 3 pieces A,B,C, I can put A and B in perfectly but C is a big problem, there is a Metal piece right next to the hindge in the upper left hand corner blocking any chance of putting piece C in. Is it possible to open up my PS2 and remove this piece or is there any other option?

Piece C
    This is what I mean, the link goes to a site and shows how it is supposed to be put in if you look at Pic 1 it shows a good example, The Metal piece is right next to the Hindge.

thanks in advanced

2. Dab117

Dab117 Member

The site you linked to... go back to it and look at piece E. Sony probably added the small metal plate to discourage swap magic users, since they're the only people really affected by it. Piece C was only for the earlier slim models (V12 to whatever). Also, if you don't care about the warranty, you can use tape and tissue or something else to keep the third censor down. You can also make your own Piece E with some plastic (like the plastic that wraps most cheap toys and such) and some tape. There used to be a guide on youtube but it was deleted for the usual copyright concern garbage. I used it for a while but sometimes I'd have to re-align it, but it keeps the warranty valid.

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Or try this method like the previous poster has suggested.

4. ZeroLink

ZeroLink Guest

Thanks alot I used the Tape and Tissue Mod

5. somedude9

somedude9 Member

Why the heck are you using swap magic?!?!?! If you want the reliability and features get a modchip. I can recommend 2 good modchips and those are:

Crystal Chip With Latest hacked Firmware

Matrix Infinity (Green Dot)

Stay away from the DMS4 as they have major reliability problems. Both of these modchips will work on any version of ps2, Fat or Slim. Hope this Helps!