1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding a wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Klaxx, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Klaxx

Klaxx Member

Alright. I was looking at some of the threads on the forum and some of them seem a bit old so I had a few questions.

What mod chip is the best one (im not trying to start a mod chip preference war) i would like to know. Also where is a good place to buy the chip?

When I mod my Wii will it mess up the wii channels and the online capeabilities? I guess what I'm asking will Nintendo know that I modded my wii if i get online with it.

When I burn the games does it matter what media I use? Usualy I use Verbatims DVD-R White labels

I havnt bought a wii yet but is there a certain version I should look for?

Oh and when i go to back up the games should i use a certain Dvd-r drive or does it matter. I have a Plextor 716a, a Liteon SHM165, Tsstcorp SH-162L (which is ultiamtly a phillips)

Thanks for your time guys :-D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

the WiiKey is currentley the best, everyone says that Verbatims are the best media for Wii, so your good there, the Wiikey is stealth which means nintendo will not know you have a chip in your console.

and as far as DVD writers go I no idea, but to backup a game you need a specific LG drive

the wiikey also currentley works on all versions of the wii so you dont need a special kind

there has been some reports of the news and weather channels not working, but its an easy fix if you have an SD card

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  3. Klaxx

Klaxx Member

I work w/ cdroms/dvdroms quite a bit and i find that alot of LG's suck... i cant belive they do the trick... ive had my plex716a out do most drives for reliability but maybe this isnt the case for this... which lg dvd burner should i get then

4. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member