1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding an Xbox360 Start to finish?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Crimson2, May 23, 2011.

1. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

Okay so.. I posted recently about updating my dashboard and such and im a little distraught since i cant play newer games on my Xbox360 i was wondering if someone could point me towards a guide i could use to update my Xbox so i can play newer burnt games

I learked around the fourms and found nothing i can use considering i don't know what exactly im looking for help me?

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

3. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

Thank you so much im reading them now ^^

4. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

Im a little bit lost the PDF is a bit confusing Im assuming im supposed to figure out my drive type first right? how would i go about doing that?

Second am i supposed to use a Flash drive to well flash the console

and third i already have a modded firmware im not sure what it is though it doesnt say under the system tab (like the psp would) and since my firmware is modded would i still need to flash and not just update?

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Sounds like you updated to a newr dash and not the newest dash since you can still play older games. I'm guessing you cant play Black Ops, Reach, Brotherhood, Hot Pursuit, Fable or Modern Warfare 2.

Eject the tray and compare it to the pics in the tut.

Drive only.

The PSP shows you system firmware, just as all consoles do. You're flashing DVD drive firmware, NOT system firmware. No console (that I know of shows Drive Firmware). You need to flash it to LT+1.1 to play those newer games.

6. Crimson2

Crimson2 Member

When i said flash drive to flash the drive i ment USB drive to flash my Xbox hard drive lol

but yeah thank you for clarification