1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modding early version japanese ps2??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by okonomi, Nov 3, 2004.

1. okonomi

okonomi Member

Hi guys,

i'm a newbie who is about to start out on his first modding project on a ps2, who could really do with some good advice. I've searched the board thoroughly and haven't found any answer to my query, so here goes...!!

I have a Japanese ps2 which I bought a few weeks after they came out, so I think it's the first ps2 (model SCPH-10000.) From what i've read on these boards i'd like to go with the Matrix Infinity chip, but I can't find any installation diagrams on the net or MI homepage for such an old model ps2, can anyone help? Also is my unit a version 1 (i've seen a site on the net which mentions a version 0, but Matrix only say that the chip works from ver 1 on.)

I'd be really grateful for any advice and tips on this guys, cheers

2. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Go for it but i also recomend to use an older chip a messiah 2.0 will be alright
    Maria =)

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  4. okonomi

okonomi Member

thanks a million for the fast replies :)

Why would you recommend an older chip maria?

Devilhunt, the earliest installation diagram for a japanese ps2 is Ver3 on the Matrix site, would that work ok do you think??

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

haven't had many dealings with ntsc ps2's as i'm in a pal region but from what i can see comparing all the v3 diagrams there is no difference in the wiring between the jap,pal,usa models so they are probably the same, but to be on the safe side on the same page i linked to at very bottom there is an e-mail link, why not drop them a line and see what they say

6. okonomi

okonomi Member

thanks a lot Devilhunt, I got in touch with them and they told me that their chips don't work with the japanese model I have :(

guess I'll have to consider another chip like the DMS3 or an older one like the Messiah that Maria recommended...

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok sorry it didn't work out for you, good luck hunting for a new mod chip, p.s. one chip that i know that's supposed to work with all ps2 models is the duo 2 se