1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding my ps2 with a harddrive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by scamino1, Jun 3, 2007.

1. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

Ok , I have a network adapter with the fat ps2 ad a 250 gi unmodded harddrive. I want to mod my ps2 without a modchip and i dont want to buy swap magic. My friend has swap magic and i could borrow it, but i just want to be able to play games off my harddisk. How can i mod my ps2 without a modchip?

Oh, and i know how to softmod xboxes so im not completly new to modding.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

You HAVE to spend money to mod your PS2 in ANY WAY. Weather it's for the ARMAX (CogSwap), swap magic, HDLoader or a modchip.

Since you have a friend with swap magic, you can ask him to install a memory card exploit so it could boot up an HDLoader elf and use it for free.

3. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

ok, my friend with swap magic doesnt know how to create a memory card exploit. Im not even sure what an exploit is. Is that what lets you save the swap magic files on your memory card? Basically , what i want to do is save the swap magic files on my memory card or hd so i dont have to keep boworring the swap magic from him. Is this even possible?

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, as far as i know about MC Exploiting, you need to use uLaunchELF and copy the files to your memory card, then use a PS1 game to boot it.

5. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

ok so let me get this straight, i have a friend with action replay with the pc/ ps2 memory card. I load the elf files on the memory card and use a ps1 disc to boot my backup ps2 discs ? im confuessed !! Ok lets forget about the harddrive thin g for a second. Can i load the elf files or whatever on my action repklay card and load a ps1 game then use a copid ps2 game? what do i need to do to plAY bakup ps2 games with a memory card exploit? Can someone give me a guide on how to do this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  6. steimy

steimy Active member