1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding new PSP Slim...dont want to mess up...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by moto2000, Dec 28, 2007.

1. moto2000

moto2000 Member

Okay, so I havent been in the PSP modding scene for a while, I currently have a modded PSP phat w/ the old school 3.40OE. I will be getting a new psp slim soon and have a few questions regarding it...

After reading around, it seems straight forward, but I just want to make sure.

All I need is:
    1. a modded battery from Phat PSP(called a pandora battery I believe?)
    2. a MAGIC memory stick (using TOTALNewbi easyInstaller)
    referenced here: http://my.afterdawn.com/larrylje_redwings/blog_entry.cfm/2501

Steps:
    1. insert modded battery into any version PSP slim
    2. insert MAGIC memory stick
    3. it should turn on, pressing X will begin installation.

am I missing anything here?

THANKS in advance for all the help!

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

thats right except you need to put the ms in first, then the battery

3. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Actually TotalNewbiINstaller isn't the only way to create the Magic MS you could use Pandora's GUI which is much easier but only works on XP though... U.P.M.S. for vista users runs the installer in the PSP...
    or you could try it old fashion way via the CMD..
    Then create your Battery you must have Universal Unbricker v3 installed on it for it to work on the SLIM...
    :)

4. moto2000

moto2000 Member

im not sure what pandora GUI is....I looked at your signature, and unfortunately you dont have a link to a guide for it...if someone could explain it a bit or refer me to a link, that would be great!

5. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

6. moto2000

moto2000 Member

Another question, sorry to drag this on...

If I didnt want to buy and mod a new psp battery...what is a good guide to modding a psp slim with a CFW phat PSP?

thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  7. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

You need pandora with universal unbricker v3 to be able to mod your PSP SLIM...
    :)

8. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

Nop here is a pandora application to make your battery into a pandora battery using a CFW Phat PSP.

and then you can just use this guide which is what N01NOob suggested...but yes you can turn your battery into a pandora one using the pandora application i gave you first...hope this helps...;)

But don't use the application to create your magic memory stick...use ONLY..!! to make your battery....and after you've gotten your SLIM up to 3.71 M33-2 put the battery back on the CFW Phat psp to turn it back to normal using the same application.

And use the guide i gave you to turn your memory stick into a MMS.

After you've successfully turn your battery back to normal and your SLIM is running 3.71 M33-2 download this here to turn your psp into 3.71 M33-4....sorry if i used a not so good group of words...;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007