1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PS2 Cover With Another Fan

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by sasha1303, Feb 28, 2005.

1. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

Hi , Im New To The Whole Cover Modding Thing , but i dont know if any1 else expeareinces this problem , but i got HDloader right and i dunno how but when i waz playing San Andreas i was playing for 4 hrs straight so when i got tired stop playing i waz right about to turn off the ps2 i put my hand on the PS2 and around were the HD is and the reast of the ps2.......I BURNT MY fusking FINGER , it waz so hot you could roast a chiken on it , and so i touched the reset button and it waz also a little hot and i waz so surprised it was hot , and im afraid that this could damage my ps2 motherboard [and since my warenty is gone :(] i am deciding to cut a hole on the top of the ps2 and put a fan on top (maybe 2). tho if i fusk the case i dont have a spare 1 , which isnt reali a worry...just a huge hole on top lol.

so is it a good idea , or should i just forget about it , oh and also if i am going to put the fan ontop i tend to have a battery powering the fan, not a console since i dont like soldering.

Plz Reply

2. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

I hate it when it takes ages for a reply....lol

3. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

btw, like my PIC :D

4. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

ok ok maybe a little 2 big :)

5. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

come on its been 1 day dont ppl give advice here. lol

6. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

I dont know why you would want a battery to power it just solder it its not that hard. I do not see why putting a fan on it would hurt the only thing is that it will suck more dust into your ps2. I know on a site awhile ago I saw a fan that went on the front lower part of the ps2 under where the cd goes where you see the hd light up. Maybe you want to look for something like that.

7. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

were can i get 1 of them?

8. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

oh , im kinda a noob at this, but yesterday i unscrewed the PS2 case , and i was trying to take out the bottom , but i couldent , if u want i can take some pics and u can send em back and circle were i have 2 unscrew

9. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

hold on takinn the pics

10. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

Oghh camra is fucky

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  11. kasra69

kasra69 Guest

dum i got a good case but not that good

12. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

wtf?
    :S

13. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

That guy doesnt make sence

14. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

1.i dont like soldering cuase im a full noob at soldering on motherbaords or other electronics , i know its not hard but u know if somethin goes wrong , im totly fucked , so i just made a AC adapotor for it :).

2.i wont be able to do that ,cuase the case u saw was possibly metal and was enlarged becuase u cant fit a fan there 2 , u probly saw this [​IMG] and the second picture is the front which u can c that this case is fatter then the original [​IMG] , so i have no expeirence in making these covers , but if u do know a place were i can get this kind of cover please tell me.

15. icecoled

icecoled Member

Hey i have a modded ps2 and it creats alot of heat to i got a little usb fan that matches the front of my ps2 works great its just a little thing but it works hard :). It blows in while the fan that came with ur ps2 blows out when the work together it moves alot of air. I can put my hand in the back and feel heat coming out just go to bestbuy . com and youll find it plus no soddering

16. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

cool thanks man , ill take a look at it

17. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

oh... goddamit , i cant buy from there cuase i live in AU , does any1 know were i can get this fan from an AU website please.

18. icecoled

icecoled Member

oh sorry man that sux ill look around but yea thats what i have and it works real good mabey you can just find the gemini company and order straight from there????

19. icecoled

icecoled Member

hey i just found on ebay theres one just like it go to ebay and look up playstation fan its on the us ebay but i think they might ship for some extra $$ you could try

20. icecoled

icecoled Member

yea they will ship world wide its a buy it now offer it has 4 days left is the fan u have on ur ps2 working? just the regular fan? because it shouldent be getting that hot thats not right mabey you should have it checked