1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modding ps2 ver. 1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zone99, Apr 24, 2004.

1. zone99

zone99 Member

I have a ps2 ver. 1 and i dont know what the best option for modding it would be..all of the no solder mod chips are for ver.4+...and i dont know if i want to use the slid-card..Also i have no idea whether soldering is really how.And if i have to solder how many points would i have to do?

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

word of advise, get rid of it....its not worth dealing with a v1, too many problems...get rid of it and get a new pre mod

3. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Agreed, backup media has chewed through my v1's laser like a hot knife through butter.

I managed to get it modded with a Messiah 2 as nobody trusts themselves installing the DMS3 in version 1s.

My console is currently having it's laser replaced as we speak. If I had known I would have pawned and got the latest premod.

4. zone99

zone99 Member

ok....but how much could i get it pawned for, i was like one of the first people to get a ps2...and its never caused me ne trouble yet.

5. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Not much, I'd say £60 - £80 ($100 - $140) depending on how many extras you're willing to throw in with it.