1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Question?? Please Answer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newbi360, Sep 22, 2011.

1. newbi360

newbi360 Member

i want to mod my xbox and this is my first time so i did some research and prepared every thing but theres one thing im worried about and that is powering the DVD drive because i dont have a ck3 pro so i have to use the xbox but i heard that if you use the xbox it may get banned is it true?? and if it is can i use a banned console or does it have to be the same console the drive came from??
    please help i want to get this thing over with

2. harvardja

harvardja Regular member

erm, that's not true at all. the xbox is just used to power the drive, no data will be going into the xbox at all because the drive won't even be connected to it through anything except the power cable. the data cable (SATA) will be connected to your pc via VIA 6421 card.

3. deepc266

deepc266 Regular member

its just theory people have came up with, not sure if its true or been proved out. But its been thought that the xbox could record being on without a DVD drive and that could get you banned. but again, just a theory.

4. newbi360

newbi360 Member

ok thanks

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

I powered up my daughter's box about 3 years ago with no drive connected, multiple times. Her console is still online today.