1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modding question?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antsmalls, Feb 3, 2007.

1. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

My boy modded his 360, now it won't play his original Gears of War, is that normal? Will very original I own work on his 360?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If it can't play the original Gears of War game, then there is something wrong. That is not normal, for the system to not recognize original games! You may want to check out 360 Mods and see if you can find anything about that.

3. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Don't panic, and it is normal for some modded 360s to not play the original version of Gears of War. From what I heard, there was new protection or something or rather on Gears of War that prevented the original version playing on certain modded consoles with certain versions of the Xtreme Firmware.

If you can back-up that version of Gears of War - or even get a not so legal copy - then it should play fine.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If you have a hitachi drive, get opa 2.3 stealth revision 2 - fixes this problem
    If you have a Samsung, get xtreme 5.2 - fixes this problem

5. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

Thanks all

PS2Menace - "If you have a hitachi drive, get opa 2.3 stealth revision 2 - fixes this problem"

I believe I used that one if I don't, then can I just plug it up and re-flash it, or do I have to put the original fireware on it somehow to flash the opa 2.3 stealth?

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Just run restore.bat then reboot everything, back to modeB and then flash like it was unmodded.

7. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

"Just run restore.bat then reboot everything, back to modeB and then flash like it was unmodded."

I have the Hitachi 78FK drive. So, how would I get that done?

Should I just connect it to the PC then type "RESTORE.BAT" in the command window, and it will restore the original firmware?

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Oh, you have the 0078. Well, if you used xtreme 1.6 for the 0078 then there is nothing you can do until a new version comes out. But I thought 1.6 fixes the Gears of War original problem on the 0078.

9. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

PS2Menace

I used 360fwtoolbox_30 & xtreme 1.6

10. Whurlwind

Whurlwind Member

OK, im just starting this modding stuff, i got all the programs all that, I know how to change the projectiles, etc. BUT, i have been following on of the tutorials here, for Hunters. I transfered it over everything, it all worked. I was so excited that i wanted to sho my friend on XBL, so i did, and he sed what? And i sed arent i a Hunter, and he sed no you are an elite. HOW DO YOU GET IT SO NON-MODDERS CAN SEE THE DIFFERENT BIPED LOOKS?!?! PLzzzzz help

11. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I think you took a wrong turn there, buddy.