1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Slimline Ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dmusolino, Mar 22, 2005.

1. dmusolino

dmusolino Member

Im am going to buy a new slimline ps2 and i was wondering what would be the best method to use, for playing my backed up games on it e.g modchip or swap discs.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

ah, the eternal question.
    well that is really up to you and how much you want to spend.
    Swap Magic and a flip top mod would be the cheapest and would work just fine.

A mod chip, depending on which you get, could save you all the trouble of having to mod the PSTwo. That is if you or someone you know can solder in the 17 tiny wires required to install it. Some mod chips would still require you to have the swap magic discs to load your back ups though.

Or option 3 is you could just buy a pre modded PSTwo.
    I got mine at http://www.xmodd.com with the DMS4 Pro chip and ToxicOS already on it for $315 shipped.
    In case you are wondering the ToxicOS is a chip flash that will allow you to play all your back ups without having to use a swap disc at all, just put in the back up and it loads just like an original. It is only for the DMS4 Pro although i am sure that other chips have the same feature but make sure you read the information close because a few of them, like the Crystal Chip will tell you that they do not support imports or back up games.

hope this has been a little bit of a help.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  3. dmusolino

dmusolino Member

Thankyou for your reply, very helpful.