1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding the ps2 hdd via linux kit???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Getao7325, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

I heard it's possible to mod the ps2 hdd to have various programs via the linux kit. How is it possible? Can I use programs like Aim, msn and yahoo messenger, or even solitaire? Could someone explain to me this process and programs I could use to make my ps2 more like a pc.

2. Jenova

Jenova Guest

first up yes those things can be done but its a matter over effort, this noob shit at after dawn on my name is a joke to me im the fuking moding master but i only joined to fix my 1 problem however i think the answer to most ur question can be solved 2 ways, go by the $6 ps2 to usb cable and ur ps2 becomes 1 sickass cd drive also just imagnie what else is possibles also u cna bak up games to ur hard drive, or if u have a ps2 hdd alsop as long as u have winxp this process will be reletivaley easy all u have to do is plug it in,2 call ur local store that sells ps2 games like a dedicated store that thats reall all they sell ps2 xbox ya know

mauybe u cna help me with my problem em? How do u convert .ISO files into .ps2 files

3. Jenova

Jenova Guest

o and no im sorry a ps2 will not use msn not until it can support internet surfing which means it would need a ytype of inernet explorer which means it would need a betetr processor and most defintly more ram proliabbly a bigger front side bus and so on and so on
    for more help my msn is needreadingglasses@afterdawn.com
    "not racial the acount was made for me by a moron"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2004
  4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

you've asked this in like 5 threads, why are you trying to convert an iso file?

5. Jenova

Jenova Guest

u seea ps2 is like a really old pc that dosent have a desktop u had to inseret those old big bulky floopy disks its a read only type thing a rom. now a operating system but it does have the essientals of a pc processor, mememory ,bios, HID, all thats really missing is a hard drive and a operating systemso answer is when ps2's have operating systems then yes u cna use msn

6. Jenova

Jenova Guest

i need to convert this 1 file once i do this i have truly unlocked the key(s) to downlaoding and playing abny ga,me ever made for any system.
    U understand now ? but its more the fact of,
    ITS ALL FREE

www.suprnova.org

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

i dont think there is a .ps2 file. Just burn your .iso image file to a dvd if you want to play it.

P.S. i dont think your unlocking any secrets or anything heh. Many people d/l games for free. However, they don't encourage that here.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  8. Jenova

Jenova Guest

maybe they dont apericate piracry but i shure do. :)
    anyhow i burned it and wha la she works so now even x box games can be converted to play like this tired and tested visit www.suprnova.org ur piracry headquaters
    its really funny when ppl go this far to get shit free but its all worf it

9. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

ps2 does have an operating system. look at the title, linux kit, u can run linux from the hd, but im not sure if u can get aim, yahoo and msn, i was lookin intothe same thing not too long ago, but i think u can. i kno aim can be ran on linux, but dont kno if u can run it on the distro that ps2 runs. but goodluck

10. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Jenova,

You've asked that question in almost every one of your posts. There is no multiposting. STOP IT!!!! Keep that question to one thread, and have some patience.

Try the search function.