1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modding without voiding the warrenty?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mark5hs, May 5, 2007.

1. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

if I were to use adhesive remover to remove the warrenty sticker before I firmware hack a 360, would the warrenty still be intact if I used some contact glue to put the sticker back on?

2. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Not sure about that one.

However i heard that if you use a heat gun or a hair dryer and warm up the sticker you can take it off and stick it back on and microsoft will never know!!

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Hair dryer and tweezers will lift the sticker. Then place it on some wax paper to save it. You know, like what stamps, stickers, etc. come on.

4. roots1528

roots1528 Member

When I took my sticker off, all i had to do was go really slowly with an exacto blade and the thing came right off

5. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Or you can do my method!

Say f*** microsoft and rip that thing right off!

6. kairu67

kairu67 Member

yeah thats what i did... they wouldnt take a painted/ casemodded 360 anyway =-p

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

would it be okay if i just cut the top of my case and then mod my 360 lol! it wouldn't void the warranty!! lol jokes...

i no u can't cut it real easy without damaging it since it has a whole metal sheet underneath! but still they would feel stupid if you did that since the sticker is not off! they will have to replace it or something. do they have it written anywhere that you can't do that?