1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modding xbox with fan

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fox_r4, Oct 16, 2013.

1. fox_r4

fox_r4 Newbie

hi im new here, would ask help to you, in my xbox was made rebaling and want installed of the fan how can do? thankes

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

start again if you can edit your post as it isn't making any sense,what have you done that requires re-installation of the fan ? or do you mean you want the mod to increase the fan speed for better cooling

3. fox_r4

fox_r4 Newbie

thanks for your reply sorry my english no are perfect my xbox have error E74 product for overheating i would like installed other fan for don't have more problem

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

reball is hit or miss & usually doesn't last assuming it was done properly in the first place regardless if the proper machine was used (not my words this info comes from a reputable repairer here in nz that i get to do my update etc),you need to be sure the cpu contact is perfect other than that i can't help further as his advice was if you have to reball you may as well replace the console

5. fox_r4

fox_r4 Newbie

i was made reballing with the specific machine but i would like installing other fan for haven't same problem

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If it's really a reballing, which means a total exchange of the solder, that could even be better than the original soldering, so if it works already (which it seems it does) it could outlast the non-reballed Xbox 360s. If it's just a reflow (hot air gun, reflow oven) on the other hand, they normally only last for 3-6 months max, if they were done good. People tend to mix these two up a lot.
    About the fan thing: Do you want to exchange the original fan with for example a Talismoon or put in a second fan?

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

the oven bake method as tow mater would say "that's funny right there"

8. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Actually, that box is still running.

9. fox_r4

fox_r4 Newbie

If it's really a reballing, which means a total exchange of the solder, that could even be better than the original soldering, so if it works already (which it seems it does) it could outlast the non-reballed Xbox 360s. If it's just a reflow (hot air gun, reflow oven) on the other hand, they normally only last for 3-6 months max, if they were done good. People tend to mix these two up a lot.
    About the fan thing: Do you want to exchange the original fan with for example a Talismoon or put in a second fan?[/quote]

i made the reflow but are outlast for 2 week and now send the console for make the reballing as you say i don't want the same problem so i would like put other fan

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You may not need a fan instead what you require is a mod that allows you to increase the fan speed,a rgh or jtag console can do this when freestyle dash is installed,check on the web to see if there's a mod you can do to achieve the desired result,the downside is the fan noise will increase

11. BGAboy

BGAboy Newbie

i made the reflow but are outlast for 2 week and now send the console for make the reballing as you say i don't want the same problem so i would like put other fan[/quote]

what reflow system are you currently using to get these done?