1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mode b question??? maybe easy answer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by twisty1er, Jan 31, 2007.

1. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

Ive been reading all over the net for about 6 hours and I want to reflash my drive back to the orignal bin but when I run the mtkflash command to my Primary drive (xbox 360 drive) just gets stuck nothing happens. What im trying to say, does the drive have to be in mode B using the 2 wire mode or slax cd in order for the Flash to go through because when I first flashed my drive I didn't do that and it flashed

if so could someone post up a diagram with numbered pins for the SATA cable becuse I saw one online but wasn't clear enough to try

I came acorss this one but I couldn't tell which way the was looking at it

Do the two I's represent that turn on the sata clable that it looks like an L if I'm wrong please correct me

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

if you have a hitachi (which modeB is about) then mtkflash won't work. MTKFlash is for samsung drives. ModeB is what you need to get a Hitachi drive into before windows assigns it a drive letter. After you get a hitachi in modeB and want to restore your original firmware, run the restore.bat file included in the firmware.

3. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

thnx for the quick response, you think I should keep on trying to flash until goes through then because I have the samsung drive using MTKFLASH

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I bet you have firmguard installed (anything over xtreme 4) You have to burn the enable 0800 disc to a DVD+R DL (if you anything other than xtreme 5) or to a DVD+R (xtreme 5) and insert it into your 360 to unlock firmguard. Boot your 360 with the enable 0800 disc in it, wait 15 seconds and eject the disc. Then boot your PC and flash away.

5. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

your absolutely right I have Extreme 5.2 when I last loaded the flash, thnks for pointing me in the right direction im going to go take a look around to see what I can do if I can't figure it out i'll post a new thread in about 5 hours got to get my reaserch down

Thnks for all the help that i've been receiving

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

No problem, you can find the enable 0800 image with xtreme 3.3
    I think it's included in 4.0 as well

7. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

thnks for that I was able to flash my dirve back to the original but its a little worse I put the original xbox 360 game in and it spins like its reading it then it says "open tray" could be a bad bin I still have my drive key so Im just going to try another bin and hopefully it will work

could be the last question I have is it better to use
    "KEY DRIVE XTRACTOR/PATCHER" or
    "Heykey editor" I think
    they should do the same thing right??

8. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

sorry to post again whats the best firmware that people have been most successfull using

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

5.2 a or b with samsung drives when burned games at 4x and opa 2.3 stealth revision 2 for hitachi drives when burned also at 4x on Verbatim dvd+r dl