1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moded 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SilvaJDS, Apr 16, 2007.

1. SilvaJDS

SilvaJDS Regular member

getting a modded 360 , extreme firmware i think just wanted to know can it go online?
    will i get banned? can i disable the mod chip so i can play online with out getting banned?

and if i play orignal games online it will work like normal and there no chance wat so ever of a ban?

2. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

they are not banning right now!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

first of all if it has firmware it is a flashed drive, not a modchip. And if it does indeed have Xtreme firmware then that also tells you that you have a Samsung drive in you 360, which is great.

As far as going online, no one has reported any problems yet. But you can mark my words, that day will come when modded systems get banned.

4. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

It is a deff. that the day will come..and when it does the xbox360 form will be floooded with the news...and some really p&ssed off people...

5. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

Thank pirates for that.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

dont say thanks pirates. its not pirates, i have ZERO pirated games and my console would be banned, assuming i still had it :(

7. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

you're getting rid of your xbox360?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  8. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

if everyone made backups of the games they owned, and no downloaded from the net, or burned from video stores, then they would not have the need to ban people from going on live.

I was not saying that people who make backups of their personal games were pirating. But the people that do pirate games are the reason why those who back up their own games and want to use them instead have to pay.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

"I was not saying that people who make backups of their personal games were pirating. But the people that do pirate games are the reason why those who back up their own games and want to use them instead have to pay."

sorry you think like that but it is 100% false. Microsoft doesn't care where your getting the games from. It is illegal to make back ups, even if you own the game. Do i agree with that policy, of course not. But facts are facts. Even if you own the game, if you back it up you are pirating material.

What does Microsoft want. They want to make sure that not only are you buying the games for their system, but that you also will have to put out another $60 if anything happens to the copy you own. It is just business.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  10. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

unless you work at microsoft you couldn't confirm it 100%. Can you really sit there and tell me that if no pirates existed, they would be taking it as far as they do?

11. IIIIIII

IIIIIII Member

I think they will start the banning after the big spring update

12. SilvaJDS

SilvaJDS Regular member

so if i play a back up games theres a chance of me being banned
    if i play a origanl game there no chance of being banned ??

13. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

All this banning bullshit talk again. They don't give a damn whether or not your playing an original or backup since they will PROBABLY only be able to determine if the FW is modified. If it is, BAN. If not, No ban.

If you play with a FW or Modchip modded 360 and there IS[/bold] a way for Microsoft to detect it, playing an original game won't save you. Having non tampered equipment will.

But. I do not believe Microsoft will ban people on Live this time around. The next-gen wars are too much up for grabs for them to ban probably 10% of their userbase who will then flock to the ps3.

I also thought the Digital Millennium Copyright Act states that you CAN own a copy of something if you own the original. I might be wrong but you're not a pirate unless you don't own the original. And the real Pirates are the one's selling the burned games :)

14. SilvaJDS

SilvaJDS Regular member

yer i hope you are right

''I do not believe Microsoft will ban people on Live this time around. The next-gen wars are too much up for grabs for them to ban probably 10% of their userbase who will then flock to the ps3. ''

15. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

well I think they did something to me, because I haven't had any content on my marketplace to download for a week and I have a flashed 360. Any category I go into, (game videos, demos, ect.) it says there is nothing available for download at this time, please check back later. I made my own thread asking what was going on, and no one replied. Maybe someone will help me now.

16. SilvaJDS

SilvaJDS Regular member

whats tha dif anyway between flashed and modded 360 , sry bit noob on 360 modding