1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modfree

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DarkHawkv, Feb 23, 2005.

1. DarkHawkv

DarkHawkv Member

Hi to all Im new to the forums and was wanting to know is there a way to play back PS2 backups without the need of a modchip if so what do i need to do it with and how 2? I Have a HP dvd writer dvd530i and i have blank dvds Memorex DVD+R.I have Sonic Record NOW!
    And it all has to be free

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry to break the news but there just isn't a way to do it for free as far as i know. You have to buy the Swap Discs like Swap Magic, and either make or buy a slide card. Or even better buy a flip top for it. It would cost you about 30-40 dollars for both the swap discs and flip top but someone here may know a place to get them cheaper. But the Swap Magic discs are pressed so they can not be copied.
    look around on www.ps2owns.com, they have lots of great links to mod sites for all you need. Also it get DVD Decrypter, it's a free program that is great for making back ups. A lot, if not most, of the people here use it.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Also i forgot to mention that you may have to try a few different types of media. Sometimes PS2's can be picky about which types they will read. I use Phillips 8X DVD-R discs and they always work in mine. But i have not heard a lot of good things about Memorex.