1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modified playstation 2 will not funtion period need help please.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by heishere1, Mar 8, 2003.

1. heishere1

heishere1 Member

First off, I would like to say hello to everyone. Secondly I would like to thank afterdawn.com and everyone who contributes to the wonderful information on this website and it's forum.

I recently recieved my Magic 3.6 mod chip or my V7 model playstation 2 and installed it being VERY careful to follow all the instructions to DETAIL for the installation. I installed everything from what I can see correctly, then I put it all back together, BUT when I turn the power on to my playstation it does not even turn on. No stand by mode no power at all.

(I will need everything to be explained to great detail and have detailed directions for everthing I am asking here please.)

First off :

Does anyone have DETAILED directions on how to test if I have the Magic 3.6 modchip installed correctly? And if there is a problem how to tell what wire and or sodering point does not have a good connection that has to be fixed?

Also with my power falure...

Could this be due to a bad fuse that went bad or something when I installed the magic 3.6 modchip?

If so, how do I check for a bad fuse on my sony 2?

Can I use the "chip clip" tester that came with my mod chip to test for bad connections and fuses and HOW is this done?

If there is a problem how do I fix it if there is a bad fuse on the motherboard?

I want to thank anyone that will take the time a patience to go the extra mile to help me out here because I am new to all this. IT WILL be appricated and remembered._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Heishere[/small]

2. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

This could just be a small problem. try this, and if it doesn't work then sorry. Unplug the reset/eject ribbon from the motherboard and the actual button housing it self, then plug them back in and try that. Or make sure that your power button in the back is fully attached to your power supply chip.