1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Freezing Image

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by halfsolid, Oct 18, 2013.

1. halfsolid

halfsolid Newbie

I have an ASUS monitor VS247 HP. I bought it a while ago and never unboxed it. Now that I finally took it out of the box, I plugged it in and the issue it has is that it will freeze very constantly after 30 seconds of use. The only thing that fixes it is to turn it off and back on again with the power button. I have tried different power chords and all three different inputs, hdmi, vga and dvi on the monitor. Even used three different computers and always, the monitor will freeze. I contacted customer support. They had me do a soft and hard reset on the monitor, which didn’t fix the problem. Then I send it in to ASUS to get it fixed. They replaced the main board and sent it back. Still had the freezing problem .Then I sent it back after calling them and explaining the issue. The second time they said there was no problem with the monitor and sent it back as is. When I plugged it into my pc it froze after 30 seconds. Did the same thing with my xbox 360 and would still freeze. Anyone ever had issues like this. Did a search and came up with nothing. It has to be the monitor because the xbox and computer work great with other monitors and tvs. Any thoughts would be great.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you setup that monitor with another monitor for dual display on a pc or xbox360 if capable to see if just that monitor or both freeze? if that monitor freezes but not the other than take a picture showing both screens at once & send it to customer support to get their explanation of what is going on.

3. halfsolid

halfsolid Newbie

I have it set up as a dual display. It was the primary and it froze. Are you saying to send it somewhere other than the RMA place that was supposed to fix it because they said it was fine the second time, then it promptly started freezing again.

4. ddp

send the picture of both screens with the 1 frozen & the other working ok to asus customer support to get their explanation of what is going on.

5. halfsolid

halfsolid Newbie

Good idea. I will try and update. Thanks for the tip.

6. ddp

no problem