1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by warnerve, Jul 5, 2007.

1. warnerve

warnerve Member

I have a LG 566LM monitor running on a AMD64 Athlon 2800+ 1.8 GHz,768 MB RAM ,ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics card and Windows XP Home Edition. I have had my computer for a couple years,the graphics card for maybe 18 months and the monitor for maybe 6 months. Today when i came home my monitor had no signal.After rebooting with no luck i disconnected everything from my PC...opened it up and cleaned it all out (dust).Upon reconnecting and restarting it worked again...later in the day after updating some programs i restarted and after the XP start up screen it says no signal and i had to disconnect everything again to get it to work....now i fear restarting it again. My origional thought was a short in the chord but my PC hasnt been moved in a while...any suggestions?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a different monitor & a different videocard

3. warnerve

warnerve Member

if i had those sitting around i would but i dont wanna go buy something if i dont need it... i would like to find the cause first

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

when it happens, try unplugging/replugging the cable to the monitor (at both ends), if you periodically get a signal, or it solves the problem, then you may need to change the cable, or it's not being attached properly. Then make sure everything's attached inside, there may be a cable that doesn't make a good connection.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a friend's monitor

6. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

You can usually find a cheap CRT monitor at places like craigslist.