1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

monitor with no speakers

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by tyler123, Jun 30, 2007.

1. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

got me new monitor yesterday.hdmi input .dvi also .no internal speakers on pc monitor .games look great no sound .any way to connect ps3 to pc or anything so i can have sound ?.have ext speakers on me pc .gutted.got dvi cable with monitor ,just spent 20 quid on an hdmi cable more gutted .plz any advice

2. luamaniac

luamaniac Member

This is the only flaw by using a monitor, however if you have a normal tv close to you you can use the cables that came with your ps3 and plug them into the tv and th esound will come out the speakers, or you can buy some speakers that have the same input as the cables i mentioned before and then use them with the speakers.The type that i use are the logitech-x530's

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  3. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

ta for the reply .took ps3 upstairs so that my 2 yr old could not get near it .rang me local pc shop ,he sells a phono input which apparently i can plug into me pc ,where the ext speakers would be .going to fetch it now .let you know in a bit .hope it works more gutted by the hour

bought a little thing . 2 phono into a 3.5 mm stereo jack plug .put it in the `line in` on pc .changed sound settings on ps3 to phono .job done .cost me £3.50 .happy bunny .will buy a better speaker system
    bought me 22 inch w/s 1080 pc monitor for £230 .seems good value now
    hope this helps someone along the line

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  4. Navar

Navar Member

I'm using my computer speakers; I plugged them to my ps3