1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Cable PGL400 CVAA-10 Gamelink non-functional with a modded PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by progamer, May 16, 2004.

1. progamer

progamer Member

I just recently bought this cable, and I tried it on my modded ps2 which I think the modchip is Magic (the early version), and the cable didn't function as I expected it would. There were some colors, but the picture kept on jumping and flickering. So I returned this first one, and got a second same model with the same result. I have tried the cable in different input settings, but still it wouldn't work properly. I know for sure that my ps2 and tv has no problems since they work properly with my regular rca cable so would it then mean that MONSTER CABLE PGL400 CVAA-10 GAMELINK doesn't work with my Magic modchipped ps2??
    Could anyone confirm? And are there any kind of simple solution to this?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]My days with expensive cartridges are forgotten[/small]

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

What is this cable for?

If you have a compatibility concern, I would put the chip into sleep mode (visit www.china-magic.com for instructions) and then try again whatever it is that you are doing.

3. progamer

progamer Member

I appreciate your reply. Basically what the monster cable does it enhances the picture and sound much better than what the regular stock cable can perform.
    More info can be found here: http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/ps2/PS2_kits.asp

I am very interested what you mean by putting the chip into "sleep mode". I went to the site for instructions and I couldn't find anything about it, and so I was hoping if you could explain to me how it can be done?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]My days with expensive cartridges are forgotten[/small]

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the game you are trying to play worked ok with regular RCA cable? because it sounds like you're trying to play a PAL game on an NTSC system which is what would 'cause the jumping. I had bought monster component cables for the ps2 but I returned them and bought the sony... not only are the sony cheaper but they have audio connections where the monster cables I bought didn't (I know the cables you have come with audio). I don't think it's any settings for the ps2 because I remember making a mistake with settings and I could not see any pictures at all.