1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monsters Inc - Attn HomerJ

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by moz414, Sep 22, 2002.

1. moz414

moz414 Guest

Hi,

Did you manage to do monsters inc? I read in another post that you were going to try and do it. I have ripped it to my hard drive but now I'm not sure where to go next. The main movie is on vts 13 but I keep getting errors. There are quite a few other vts files so do I have to copy these and if so, which ones. I have mastered normal ripping and burning of dvd 9 disks but his one has got me stumped. If anyone can help me out here it would be much appreciated.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

moz414,

Yes, I ripped it a couple of weeks, with few problems. You are correct about it being vts_13.

I used Smartripper and just do a "save as" and rename it to vts_01.

The thing that cause me problems was the short movie "For the Birds". I thought it was in vts_03 but it was in vts_02.

After that it was just fine.

HomerJ

3. stirfry

stirfry Member

I am having problems with For the Birds. I followed the guides on this website, and the sound trails the video by about two seconds. This is the only flick this has happened with--I was successful with Mike's New Car. Any idea on how to correct this?

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

stirfry,

You've got me there.

When I ripped "For the Birds", "Mikes New Car" plus another set of clips was part of the same VOB set. This was for R2.

I use Smartripper. (2.41)

I'm surprised you are having problems. What region are you ?

HomerJ

5. stirfry

stirfry Member

I am region 1, and am using SmartRipper 2.41 also. I was really only interested in getting "For the Birds" off this DVD, so I searched the DVD for the correct VOB file until I found it--by matching the times. Perhaps I need to re-rip it and the problem will go away? I'll update this when I get the chance to try it again.