1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monthy Python Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by puffyrock, May 1, 2005.

1. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

A couple months ago I started backing up my DVDs. I've done 50 or so with no problems. I bought a used DVD of Monthy Python and the Holy Grail a long time ago that i'm trying to backup. There is a pretty deep scratch on the disc but it works in my stand alone player. I get errors when i try to rip with dvd decrypter with ignore read errors. It has retried well over 200 times and is reading at 0.0x. DVDshrink freezes at 13%. Isobuster freezes. Is there any hope here? I've tried everything,including with the skipdocter and different cleaning methods. Thanks.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

some people say toothpaste works (NO BAKING SODA!). So does car wax.

3. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

i've tried toothpaste. it didn't do anything. this is a scratch you can actually feel with you're finger,so it's pretty deep.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sounds like it's fubar'd.

5. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

I finally got it working after resurfacing it about 5 times over with the skip doctor. I backed up the movie only,i guess the scratch was mainly affecting the extras,not that there were many in the first place. That skipdoctor sure works good.

6. lunarprbe

lunarprbe Member

I use carwax on almost all of my dvds. I buy almost all at pawnshops for $5 so they tend to be pretty hashed. So far I have never had a disk refuse to play or back up after some Nu finish. Learned this trick when I worked at a used cd shop