1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Battlefield 1942 Problems!!! :(

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Tamerayo, May 1, 2003.

1. Tamerayo

Tamerayo Member

hi guys! i just got a bin file for battlefield 1942 but it has a program icon (msdos)

i was told to delete the .exe and i do this by right clicking the program and deleting the .exe but it just makes an msdos short cut and is still a .exe!!!

would it still be ok if i burn this bin file even though its an exe???

the file name is flt-bfd2.bin but when i right click it its flt-bfd2.bin.exe?????? i cant get rid of the exe but will this still be ok if i burn it???

cheers guys...

p.s. this doesnt have a cue file and i heard that cdrwin doesnt need one right???

2. liquid

liquid Member

You'd be better off just buying the game.

When i tried burning the two .bin's, when installing i got 2 crc errors that totally screwed the game over...i couldnt see my gun or any of the planes, the campaign didnt work at all etc etc etc.(thats just my .bins though that i got off kazaa)

Yours might be diff.

I just received this game in the mail yesterday..

As for your problem with the .exe, just leave it there, if you get any problems later on, use the crack for the game...

3. Ice_13

Ice_13 Member

To change the extension goto the folder options and uncheck hide extensions for known file types. u should be able to change the extension by just renaming it.

In case u need it the cue files look like this:

FILE "name of bin file" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

4. docskell

docskell Member

I was the same, but if you read the guides, it will show you step by step how to remove the .exe. Have faith, although it may seem initially overbearing, these guys know their stuff and will help you.