1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more bitlord troubles

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by pinkh8, Jan 14, 2007.

1. pinkh8

pinkh8 Member

I am a newbie to this world of downloading torrents and such and have recently stumbled upon a problem. I have got bitlord and it seemed to work fine until recently when each time I downloaded a file my antivirus protection would pop up with Trojan Horse BlackDoor.Small.25.X. detected. This never happened with my previous downloads and they seemed to work fine. I don't think that the problem is the torrent itself because every SINGLE torent can't be affected can it? Can you please help me and tell me a solution to this problem and perhaps another client. I have heard mixed reviews about bitcomt. Thanks

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

BitLord is a bad torrent client, now BitLord may not be the sorce of your virus problems having it installed isn't helping. I won't bother explaining the specifics of why BitLord is a bad BitTorrent Client just know that it is. A good alternative is uTorrent. Its light on system resources and easy to configure.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. also read the forum rules above about posting

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  4. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Agreed with PeaInAPod, get rid of BitLord, its infected with spyware etc. or so I heard, you can get utorrent from here

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007