1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more copy with Dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by stati, Apr 19, 2005.

1. stati

stati Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm using dvd shrink for copying dvd.But i can make only one copy.
    i have both dvd-rom and dvd-writer.i put original dvd in dvd-rom and verbatim DVD+R 8x (i am using verbatim,i think it is really good media)in dvd-writer.And dvd shrink is making analyses,encoding and burning.However, i need four copy.And i repeated these process four times.How can i copy other three media without using encoding.
    Thanks in advance...

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Try using Sonic RecordNow, Nero or Alcohol 120%. All these programs will allow you to make a copy of a copy. DVD Decrypter will work as well, it'll just take a little longer. There are numerous proggy's that will allow you to do this.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Since Shrink is not a burning program, I am assuming you are using either Nero or DVD Decrypter to burn. If it is Decrypter when the disk is done just take it out, put in a new one and hit the button. Since you are using DVD Shrink there is a copy of the file on your hardrive somewhere just open your burning program and load this file and burn again. Use these guides.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide2.html

4. colw

colw Active member

Shrink cannot copy or burn - you are obviously (perhaps unawareing) using some other program to burn (perhaps Nero).

If you are using Shrink to encode to a folder on your hard disk, you can make as many copies as your want without re-encoding or recompressing - just reload the folders into your burning program.

Alternatively, after making one backup, you could use the copy disk function in a program such as Nero.

5. colw

colw Active member

@ arniebear

I must a slow typist - essentially same message at similar time - LOL

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Aah, great minds

7. colw

colw Active member

@stati

If you have re-encoded 3 or 4 times - check your hard disk space. If you have not deleted previous folders you could find that you are missing 20 to 25 Gb of hard disk space.

8. stati

stati Member

thank you all...
    yes,i am using dvd shrink and nero together...But after encoding, burning starts automatically...there is nowhere to indicate 2 or more copy.
    when i use nero for copying backup,nero could not copy.I think but i am not sure ,it's because of using DVR+R not -R

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

What DVD burner are you using and does it support+/- r disks? When you go to backup with Shrink hit the backup tab then look for the target device and check iso image file burn with decrypter this should work. Use the guide I gave you above they will show you exactly how to burn your disk. When Decrypter finishes burning take out you burned disk and insert another blan disk and just burn again. Remember to delete your file after burning as it will just stay on you hardrive and eat up space.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005