1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more mafia problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hatchet, Mar 3, 2004.

1. hatchet

hatchet Guest

During gameplay,everytime I drive across any of the large bridges the game takes me back to the load screen.The screen with the Mafia logo and the red bar that goes across the bottom of it.After it loads it takes me back to where I left off,driving across the bridge.I just got to the part of the game where the guys are chasing you with the baseball bat and while running sometimes the game freezes for a second and starts back up.any Ideas?

2. pma55667

pma55667 Guest

Yeah same problem here guys!
    Game goes back to the load screen when crossing certain bridges. (Very irritating!)
    I have a ricoh mp5240a dvd+ writer, my ps2 is a version 5\6 with a Matrix mxl2 chip. and I'm using verbatim datalife plus dvd's.
    Hatchet, what is ur spec \ setup?

Any ideas guys?

3. peterjmac

peterjmac Member

i had the same problem until i reburned to a high quality media, once i found a good media i havent had any other problems, game works great

4. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

The PS2 has to load each island individually so when you cross the bridge it loads the other island. I'm guessing that none of you have ever played GTA3 or Vice City....

5. hatchet

hatchet Guest

I have a V3 PS2 and I use the Swap Magic Disk with slide tool.I just played the original game and it stops and goes back to the load screen also.Maybe I just got a bad copy or something.I burned the backup on Memorex 4X DVD-R.I used DVD Decrypter and burned it at 1X.What about the long load times?

6. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

It's an old PS2. Have you played it a lot? My friend has an old PS2 and it is choppy, freezes, and doesn't load all backups that are perfect themselves. Like I said, it's supposed to go to the load screens, and Mafia has long load times in general.