1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Noob Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Lee0204, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Lee0204

Lee0204 Member

Hi i have a wii with the cyclowiz chip, i borrowed 2 games from a mate and they both work fine, i downloaded 2 games both in iso file type i have tried nero and imgburn to backup the iso on to dvd disc burning at x4 and x2 speed it is writting the info onto the dvds but does not play in the wii does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks In Advance

If anyone would like to post there msn address below i will contact you on msn if its easier?

Thanks

Lee

2. j3edi

j3edi Member

open nero burning rom
    you should have a make new compilation window open make sure
    this is set to burn dvd-rom iso.

click open and select your downloaded image.

make sure finalize disc option is selected and burn at 4x speed

3. Zaneblade

Zaneblade Member

what make of discs?
    what type of discs? (dvd-r? dvd+r? etc..)
    what region if your wii?
    what region are the games you downloaded?

4. Lee0204

Lee0204 Member

Tried datawrite/datasafe/emtec
    DVD-R disc
    I believe its a PAL(how do you find out?)
    Was told by someone that the games i am downloading are ntsc?

5. doc_z

doc_z Member

If you are in Europe or Australia it's probably a PAL wii, if you are in the US or Japan then it is probably NTSC, go to Settings and check your firmware version, 2.2E = PAL, 2.2U or 2.2J = NTSC.

For best results burn only on high quality DVD-R discs, many here have have good results with certain Verbatim discs and Taiyo Yuden discs, personally i use Sony Accucore discs (which i believe are actually TY discs).

I don't know if Cyclowiz allows you to play out-of-region games, that means if you try to play a NTSC game on a PAL wii you can get region-based lockout (gg Nintendo). You can use RegionFrii to change the region on an .iso (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45346).
    Not every NTSC game will work on a PAL Wii, check this list for compatability with playing different regions, http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List

Also if you intend to play NTSC games on a PAL Wii please be EXTREMELY CAREFUL and make sure you have the latest firmware version (2.2E) before playing games such as Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers or Big Brain Academy, playing an NTSC version of these games on a PAL Wii WITHOUT UPDATING FIRMWARE to 2.2E WILL BRICK (DESTROY) YOUR CONSOLE.

As far as using Imgburn is concerned you should be fine, I have had no troubles with that program at 4x.

6. Lee0204

Lee0204 Member

So is it a good idea to convert from ntsc to pal or is it better to just download the pal version?

Thanks

7. doc_z

doc_z Member

If possible always go with the same region as the console, but if you already downloaded an out-of-region game, or if it hasn't been released yet in your region there is nothing wrong with using an different region game, just make sure its on the compatability list and be careful of the 'bricking problem with a handful of NTSC games.