1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MORE SONY DRU-500AX PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by skillz72, Apr 3, 2003.

1. skillz72

skillz72 Guest

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem,when i rent movies to play on the computer they usually are double sided disc one side for widescreen and one for fullscreen but when i put in the drive it wont even reconize that a disc is in the drive.I checked the disc it was pretty clean and it played on my standalone dvd player but it does nothing on computer.i have the new fireware update and it used to be worse when i had the 2.0c version it wouldnt read the copys of my dvds i made.i tried several movies from video store and only a couple worked.

2. tate1411

tate1411 Member

i just got a 500ax last week. and so far ripped about 20 retail movies with no probs. only problem i have with this drive is that i had to trim down the opening tray just so that it could open and close in my sony vaio...= )

3. lpincinti

lpincinti Member

i have a dru500ax as well and have backed up a dozen or so with no probs. i am using 2.0c and have yet to have any probs reading any disc, retail movies or blank for that matter. might just b your drive is bad. have u tried reading the disc in another dvd-rom

4. dough380

dough380 Guest

i am looking to purchase the sony dru-500ax drive, what media are you using to back up your movies dvd-r or dvd+r

how about ps2 games dvd-r or dvd+r

5. lpincinti

lpincinti Member

personally i use tdk 2x dvd-r and test my backups first on the supplied sony dvd+rw. both work fine in my sony standalone player as well as my parents panasonic stand alone player. the tdk disc r expensive so if u want cheap media use meritline ones from www.meritline.com. let me know how things go.
    also ripping w/ dvd decrypter, authoring w/ dvd2one and burning w/ nero has worked perfect for me recently. quality of sound+audio is superb. also like using dvdxcopy but it splits the movie into 2 disc

6. lpincinti

lpincinti Member

haven't tried ps2 games yet but i hear alcohol 120% works well

7. skizo

skizo Member

I just bought a Sony Dru 500AX. Using Nero and Sony DVD+RW, keep getting streaks on the graphic files, halting sound on the mp3 and some difficulties opening data files.

I have 512 of ram and my cpu is an athlon 1.4 g.hertz.

Can you advise me what to do?

thanx

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You need to give more info...