1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"More Sources Needed"

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Winston33, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Winston33

Winston33 Member

Hi, first time poster here...I've been trying to download files the last few days, but Kazaa keeps telling me it needs more sources...

I realize this happens from time to time, but it's suddenly happening for EVERY file I attempt to download, be it songs, images, videos, whatever. This has never happened before.

Do any of you have an ideas of what might be happening here?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. fassa

fassa Guest

Use Emule...once you've got it going...youre hooked! Emule Supporter to the max!

About Kazaa..I used it alot..if there are no sources than disconnect and connect again (Close Kazaa and Re-open) Could be a bad supernode...read up on jumping supernodes!

4. Winston33

Winston33 Member

I've already switched to Kazza lite, but it's still asking constantly for more sources...Tried disconnecting, but that doesn't work either. Any other ideas?

5. Dela

eMule is a good idea!!

one reason may just be that your lovely isp is blocking port 1214, which is what kazaa uses!

6. Winston33

Winston33 Member

I'm not that computer savvy, so forgive me if my questions seem ridiculouos...But why would my ISP be blocking Kazaa's?

7. grungebob

grungebob Member

Which Kazaa Lite do you have? I have a version with a tool called SpeedUp. You can get it with the Kazaa Lite at www.k-lite.tk. Also you have to check it when your installing it. But if you have it, use it. What it does is it keeps doing 'Search More Sources' forever. That might help you. Also, I don't think the ISP would prevent downloading. I could see if you had a freewall and you might not be able to download pass that.
    From,
    Grungebob

8. Dela

Because they are afraid of them or you being sued! lol