1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More TMPGEnc Questions

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by vcdmaker, Sep 25, 2002.

1. vcdmaker

vcdmaker Guest

Hey I'm new to this forum, (hense the newbie tag).
    When I try to use TMPGEnc to encode an AVI file to mpg, TMPGEnc stops encoding about 1/2 way through the process. It seems to only occur on files over 2 gig. Forgive my ignorance, but is there a 2 gig limitation to the file size you can create from?
    I'm running win2k pro on a 1.8 ghz with 800 Mb of ram. It handles smaller file sizes fine.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye TMPGEnc has soom problems seeking on large avi files.

A way around this would be to use virtualdub to split the avi files and encode them seperatley. You can then use tmpgenc to merge the both mpg files.

3. vcdmaker

vcdmaker Guest

I bought the licensed version and it took care of it. Thanks for your help.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

That licensed version was a very good choice wasnt it? I got it myself. It makes some quality copys and even improves the quality when converting from divx to vcd sometimes. Its an excellent program.

5. Isis1

Isis1 Member

Dela, I emailed TMPGEnc with this question and never received an answer. Maybe you know. I'm trying to figure out if I want to upgrade to the licensed version via the net or order the hard copy. I like the idea of receiving a manual (which comes with the hard copy), so my question was whether I could order the online upgrade and then purchase a manual seperately.