1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More trouble with RAY

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by puffyrock, Feb 12, 2005.

1. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

I'm about at my wit's end trying to back up the movie RAY,the 2 disc edition. I use DVD Decryptor to rip the DVD,and compress it with DVDshrink. I've done this with and without AnyDVD running,and it makes no difference. When i try to burn it with Pinnacle Instant CD+DVD,which is the program that I have,i get the same error at about 99 percent. It says:WRITE 32768 BYTES AT POSITION 400.
    Can anybody help?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

why don't you try creating an ISO image w/ shrink and use decrypter to burn.

3. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

you got it flip, this is the only thing that would work for me with Ray.... tried seemingly everything else with no success.

4. flip218

I ripped this movie with the new dvd decrypter, then ran it through Nero's Recode 2 ... created a video_ts files, then burned with CopyToDVD.

5. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

how exactly can you backup the movie to iso with shrink?

6. flip218

when you click "backup!" you change the target destination to "ISO Image file" or if you have DVD Decrypter installed choose "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter".

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

[bold]This was a post I did on another thread about Ray and what happened afterwards:[/bold]

I have the two disk version, one for the movie and one for the extra's, currently encoding now in my PC with AnyDVD in the background and using Shrink for the encoding. I'll let you know what happens after the burn. But I can say that neither Windows media player nor Nero Showtime 2 will allow the movie to play. Windows will play the music from the DVD, but that’s it.

The error message reads:

"Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD-Video, SCVD, or VCD structure. Please use the 'Media Files' function to browse and play back files from this folder."

[bold]Scratch everything I said above about the error message or that the movie would not play! AnyDVD running in the background was the culprit! [/bold]

Once I finished my burn, I exited out of AnyDVD and poof, everything was fine. The original disk Ray plays in either my Burner or my DVD rom drive!

It burned well with both versions also on one DVD and it plays as well on both also.

[bold]That was the end of my previous post.[/bold]

8. flip218

good point ScubaBud. I also had to turn off AnyDVD.

9. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

right now i'm saving the movie with shrink set on CREATE ISO AND BURN WITH DECRYPTER. I have decrypter also,so i'll tell you if it works.

10. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

dosen't work. i get an i/o error

11. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I just ripped that movie today. Was no trouble at all, I just used Decryptor to rip, Shrink to Shrink, and Nero to burn. Plays just fine.

12. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I used Icopy & dvd43free and copied it with no problem.

13. puffyrock

puffyrock Guest

i eventually got it. i ripped to iso with decrypter,and with shrink i set everything but the movie to still image. the only problem is,when i put the dvd in my player,a screen comes up that says 'the video has been removed'. the movie plays only if i press stop then play on the remote. at least i got it though.

14. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

puffyrock

When you select "Still Image", it places a picture in place of what was there before, but the timing stays the same. Just for kicks, try it again and leave the remote alone. You'll eventually see it will get to the movie. If the movie is all you need with menus try ScubaPete's guide on using DVD Decrypter with Nero Recode2. If you don't have Nero, you can download a trial version to play with it and see if it gives you what you want.