1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortal Kombat Deception....this is weird!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kb137, Oct 17, 2004.

1. kb137

kb137 Member

Okay, I rented MK Deception the other day and it gets stuck at loading screen - this is a Ps2 original keep in mind! I returned the copy to the store and traded for a different copy just to have the same thing happen. This is the only game that does this. My ps2 is older (v5), but works great. I have Swap Magic installed and play all games, backups and originals, all the time. I also use Reality player to turn my ps2 into a divx player. So what I'm getting at is my laser and ps2 is fine. To finish this strange story I downloaded a copy of MK Deception off bittorrent and burned it to DVD+R (+R works better on my ps2)like all my backups and only got it to work one time. This is one more time than I got with the original! The game began with sound at the cutscene, but when game play began there was no sound. Next time I tried to boot my copy, nothing. I've tried a million times since with no luck. I even downloaded a DVDrip version of the game to cdr, but that has never loaded. They all get stuck at the load screen for the most part, but sometimes after the gamespy screen. How come the backup worked one time only? I did patch using DVDRick's SMfix. How come the original won't even play. I even put it in my pc and don't get it to read which is why I had to download the ISO. And how come the DVDrip doesn't work either. Again, this is the ONLY game I've had this kind of trouble with. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Anyone have any answers? Thanks.

2. jonels

jonels Regular member

a wild stab here .. try deleting the memory card entry

3. kb137

kb137 Member

Wow, you know what....that worked! Thanks a million. But what's up with the rest of the stuff (sound, orig not working, DVDRip not working)? Oh well, at least my main concern has been solved. Thanks again. If anyone has anything else on these strange problems I'd still like to hear. Also, what's up with having to delete the save? Why can't I save on my card? That really sucks. Again, at least I can play the game now and for that I'm grateful.

4. kb137

kb137 Member

Well, great....I guess that was a 1 time deal only deal too! It's not working again! What is going on here?! I love this game...is it just cursed? What can I do? I need help!

5. jonels

jonels Regular member

i found that when this game makes a save file it took an extrodinary amount of time ,so maybe the amount of space on the mem card is critical ... strange

6. kb137

kb137 Member

Hmm...well it seems that if you didn't even plug in a mem card it should work, but I tried that and had an unsuccesful boot. I'm wondering if it's the DVDRick SMfix patch I applied. That could explain the sound issue I suppose. Maybe I'll try to reburn it without the patch. Unfortunately I'm fresh out of DVD+R's. Man, this game is getting expensive! Or maybe it's the iso I downloaded. I can't remember where I dowloaded it from which sucks since I just might redownload the same one again and waste a lot of time! Well, thanks for sticking with me on this issue. Have a good one.

7. psmo290

psmo290 Member

i backed up MKD on a Ritek G04 dvd-r and it works fine except that the loading time on the backup is longer than the original, is there anyway to fix it?

also when u play backup games, do you notice more scratching noises as the game loads. Is this normal for a backup disc?

8. kb137

kb137 Member

I actually get no sound for some reason. Well, during gameplay that is. But no scratchy sounds. And yeah, the couple times I have got my backup to work the load time is loooong! I wonder why?

9. yo0m

yo0m Member

kb137, where did you download that torrent file, can you send it to me please. yo0m at yahoo.com