1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moser Beaur ???anyone??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by THUNDER66, Jan 25, 2005.

1. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

Before I rip into 4 (50) spindles of Memorex (manufacturer MOSER BEAUR), any word on these discs?

I did go on digitalfaq.com, and it said they were 3rd class media. But seeing as i did a search here and not one post, i was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with these?
    not really much talk about these discs ANYWHERE.

Liteon 16X dual layer burner.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've not used their DVD media because the CD media of theirs that I used was simply horrid. I usually burn my CDs at 24X to ensure high quality but even at that speed the C1/C2 error rate was unacceptable.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Thunder My understanding is that MOSER BEAUR), are a OEM manufacturer not unlike CMC except I believe they make their product in INDIA instead of Taiwan like CMC & others do. Although they(Fuji ) have switched their OEM manufacturer from Japan =Taiyo Yuden to Taiwan = ? there is still a great deal of the FUJI FILM (JAPAN made ) out there in the Marketplace and BESTBUY stores seem to put the FUji's on sale OH ! like about every other week in Either or both DVD-R & DVD+R formats . The trick is that most of it is the made in taiwan version ! but if you look aroumd you can often find the Japanese Made fuji's in the same display for the same price! Taiyo Yudens That's a Good thing as Martha STewart would say! At bargain Prices ! yet! Office Depot /Circuit City/ Staples also offer sales on different brands of DVD media just check uyour sunday paper or their websites online for the 411! you can even go to your local walmart and they will meet the price on the same item as long as you have a copy of the sale for proof! Or you could order online from Newegg.com or RIma.com or other distributors/dealers too. hope I was helpful in at least some small fashion ! Good luck ,Good Burning & Good Viewing -Good day -Peace

4. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

Ok heres my opinion. I decided to use these discs..Moser Beaur, and have burned about 200 discs. THEY WERE PERFECT. there were no errors, and the quality was better than any other disk i have ever used. NO PIXILATION at all. no freezes, no non working discs. I use a lite on 16x 1633 burner, and have gone back and bought another 200. They even worked on a home machine that no other disk would work on. So i guess its all thumbs up for me with these discs.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

thunder 66 great going ! glad those disc worked out for you . It just goes to show that no one brand /type media meets everyones needs . in the end you use what works for you . good luck good burning & good day - peace