1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most compatible burn format for standalones

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ricster, Jun 2, 2004.

1. ricster

ricster Regular member

None of my DVD-R's work in my portable DVD player (Panasonic LV75) although they should do. I even have a friend with the same player and his will play my discs. I am using Nero 6 and there are so many options to do with ISO etc. that I'm wondering whether tweaking some of these may solve the problem. Is there a most compatible set of options that I can choose ? I currently just use the DVD-Video template and accept all defaults. Works fine for all standalones that I have tried...except the portable.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I would try a new portable. If it works in standalones and works in your friends who has the same player Im sure its your player.

3. ricster

ricster Regular member

Thanks for confirming what I was beginning to suspect. The only difference between the two players is that they were modded (for multi-region) by different suppliers. I bought the player a long time ago (when they were a novelty and very expensive). It's not worth getting anyone to look at it since new players are so cheap now.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

one thing you could try is cleaning the laser (since you friend's plays them).

5. ricster

ricster Regular member

Sly - how do I clean it ?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

just get one of those kits from the store.

7. ricster

ricster Regular member

Well I bought one of those kits and performed a clean and it made no difference. However, just a few days ago I wasn't thinking straight and popped a DVD-R into the player and it worked! I then tried a load of other backups and they work too! This is the first time this player has played a DVD-R. Maybe the clean did the trick after all. Is there an even deeper method of cleaning beyond those strange little brushes that I can try ?