1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Recent/Favorite Concert You Went To

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by 7thsinger, Feb 12, 2008.

1. dailun

dailun Active member

Gwen Stefani - L.A.M.B.

I typically only go when I get free tickets.

Next concert, "No Doubt" (if they play San Jose or Oakland) and I can get freebies

2. engage16

engage16 Regular member

I went to Slipknot & Trivium too, February 6th... I don't consider Coheed to even be a part of that tour... We were throwing things at them their whole set and chanting multiple profanities... You have to remember it was a crowd full of Massholes (we take pride in that term) and we have booed many a band off the stage...

Still considering hitting up Music As A Weapon 4...

And as for Mayhem Fest, we get the Saturday show as usual... The best part is that I'll be 21 this year so I can drink and not have to worry about alcohol compliance like last year, standing there doublefisting watching kids getting chased and dropped and dragged out for beer... Then there's the fact that I'll finally get to use my Meet and Greet pass for All That Remains... Last time they had to drop from the tour a few weeks before my show...

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah what is up w/ Coheed & Cambria opening? They opened for Korn at a show I saw last year. I wanted to see Trivium but had no interest in seeing Coheed so we wanted til the last minute to go. We still caught a couple of their songs though. They actually had quite a few fans there which surprised me.

Wow turning 21 this year! It's been quite a few years since I had to worry about not being of legal drinking age :) I usually spend more on alcohol at the show then I do for the tickets :) Then again when drinks are $8 a pop it's not that hard to do.

4. engage16

engage16 Regular member

We had Trivium open and THEN coheed... I was very upset... Nevermind the venue i went to (to which i shall not return) was TAKING everyone's smokes at the door... I snuck mine in cause i'm good like that but that wasn't right of them to do...

I spend way too much money at beer at shows too... 100 bucks last year at mayhem fest... ouch! i could've had a party with that much money!

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Wow I haven't seem them take smokes in this area b/4. I quit 3 months but used to always take a pack of cigs with me to the shows. They usually have outdoor smoking areas.

Yeah Trivium opened then Coheed so I saw none of Trivium.

That is the one downfall of concerts - all the money you pay at the show!

One place I will never go again is DAR in DC. Went to see Godsmack there. Drinks were not allowed at your seats - you had to drink them in the hallway. Then as soon as Godsmack started the bars closed up. According to DAR it was due to the type of show - whatever.

6. engage16

engage16 Regular member

not around here... no reentry... only found one place that had an outdoor area... most of them time we just smoke inside if the place is big enough... i need to quit though, too expensive up here... 7 bucks a pack...

Trivium had a wicked short set which pissed me off, didn't get to play anything but their major singles... although slipknot's set was effing incredible... i left the show sore! nevermind the venue is a pain to get to and the whole taking our packs thing annoyed me...

Gotta find more shows to go to... I'm jonesin!!!!

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

8. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Saw them open for Metallica twice... Can't stand them... Their only decent song was the instrumental opener they played...