1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

most roms you have put on snes station?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mega21287, Jan 23, 2005.

1. mega21287

mega21287 Guest

i downloaded a zip that had 700+ roms, and i was wondering if i could put them on 2 cd's instead of only doing 150 on each

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005
  2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you can put 1 rom on 700 CD's if you want. You just need to be sure to put a copy of SNESSTATION on each of those CD's as well.

Why not just load them all onto one DVD though? It would all fit and you could direct boot to it.

3. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

can someone please!! give me a complete noobie guide on this even just a video i want to play the roms using swapmagic but after 4-6 coasters they did not do a thing please help~!! can someone just make a video and send me it on msn or something email it or what ever please!!

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

tell you what. You take the time to write out EXACTLY what YOU did when you made your CD. Dont tell me what the guide said to do, tell me what YOU did (Since you did it 4 or 5 times already you should have it memorized)

Ill then read YOUR writup and tell you what you did wrong and how to fix it.

The reason for this is that there are MANY guides and most of them work just fine. So the problem is with something you did or did not do. So this will help fix the problem with less effort on my part.

Being lazy and all.

5. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ok well i used the snes staion guide for putting the stuff on a cd with out a modchip so what i did was scolled all the way down to the bottom of the guide there and followed what it sayed i downloaded the snes station used that ps2gen thing that i got form the snes station site and put the snes station files like the elf or what ever and so on in order like it said then i make a normal folder put all the roms ( this is where i seem to screw up sometimes since i dont know what type of roms i should put in i got them from http://www.coolrom.com/) ok so there all downloaded form that site i just extract them to my desktop then put them into a normal folder and drag the folder into the ps2gen thingy and it automactalliclly goes to the top or second i think ontop of the snesstaion stuff anyways then i change those settings like it tells me on the guide and then make the image now when doing this is tell me something i forgot what it says i can come back to that later, it's just a window that pops up, ok so i had about 30-40 roms i downloaded witch was like 600 mb i think so then i made the image it was am avg update thing then i burned with nero with out changing settings took like 1 minute or 30 seconds i dont remember i did this about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and then i pop it into my ps2 swaping with swap magic 3.3 cd first of all then pretty much imedaitly it says not valid ps2 disc so thats about it

6. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

by the way thats ALL i did using swapmagic nothing else like mc eploit or what ever i dont really want to do anything else just pop it in and play thats it

7. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

can I have a link to the guide you followed? I need to see a couple of the steps.

Also I have never used SM discs to boot anything so I assume you know what you are doing there?

8. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

http://snes-station.gamebase.ca/index.htm i cant give you a direct link just the way they made there site just go to the rom button and go to cd walktrough guide and scrool to the bottom whats what i use and yes i know what im doing with the sm discs

9. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

by the way i tried special boot just now and same thing, also im putting these things on a cd maybe a dvd would work? and is this in ps1 format? or ps2? if it's ps1 then im screwed

10. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

It is setup in PS2 CD game format. So that should be fine.

One thing you should try is putting less roms on the cd. You said you had roughly 600 mb worth. They say that anytrhing over 600 mb will create problems.

ALso if it only took you 1 minute to burn 600 mb then you are burning too fast.

Other than that I cant be much help, it looks like you did what they say to do.I only have experience doing this on an unmodded ps2 that has a fliptop and the MC exploit installed. If you have that installed I can tell you an easy way to do it.

11. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

It is setup in PS2 CD game format. So that should be fine.

One thing you should try is putting less roms on the cd. You said you had roughly 600 mb worth. They say that anytrhing over 600 mb will create problems.

ALso if it only took you 1 minute to burn 600 mb then you are burning too fast.

Other than that I cant be much help, it looks like you did what they say to do.I only have experience doing this on an unmodded ps2 that has a fliptop and the MC exploit installed. If you have that installed I can tell you an easy way to do it.

12. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ok i guess ill try right now again ill put 20 or 15 on it i guess

13. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

do i put the zip files in the normal folder? or the smc files witch are the roms

14. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

the error says file cannot be opened system .cnf what do i do or is it supposed to say that

15. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

oh andf the file is only like 20mb not 600 or anything

16. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

without that SYSTEM.CNF file your game will never work. SO make sure it is getting burned to the Cd.

You dont want to have ANY zipped files on that CD you make. You want the .SMC format in your roms folder.

I would try to make the Cd using Nero and see if it boots. Like I said I have not used SM disks so I am not sure of the boot sequence, but you may have more success with nero.

17. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

18. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

but im wandering about that system file why did it work or what ever?

19. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I have not ever used any other program but nero for burning ps2 games. Mainly because I bought a mod chip to avoid this kind of hastle. I made my own bootable cd with Snes on it as well as launchelf, hdloader and just about every other ps2 homebrew software availible.

Sorry I cant offer any help to your problem with this. Maybe somebody else can.

20. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

no no no, nothing about burning just when i use the cdps2gen thing and i got everything read i choose the dirictory and then make the image after wards the window comes up saying system (something) wont open or what ever