1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Successful Media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ddearmore, Feb 10, 2004.

1. ddearmore

ddearmore Member

I just got my DVD X copy and am having problems playing my backups on my Toshiba SD-3800 DVD player. I am using the Memorex DVD-R discs. They play on my computer and on another DVD player in the house. Any reccomendations on the best DVD's to use? Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If they play on your computer and your other DVD player, the most likely reason is that your Toshiba doesn't like burned discs. Some players simply don't like the burned ones. Memorex are a decent make.

3. lovefool

lovefool Member

SD-3750 only supports DVD+R, so I am wondering your model as well.

4. Slofire

Slofire Member

Try a different media, Ritek seems to be the media of choice here and i've never had a problem with it. Give that a shot, if that doesnt work then its most likely your dvd. What i did was i tried a ritek +8, a sony -r, +r and maxell -rw on both my ps2 and my dvd player, just to make sure. This way its not just a one off that it works or not. Try a few brands and then stick to whicever (if any) work. Trail and error is sometimes the best way to go.

5. ddearmore

ddearmore Member

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the specs for the DVD player and it says it does support -R. I tried using DVDShrink (sorry to admit it) and it worked using the same Memorex DVD's. I have heard a lot of good things about the Ritek discs so I think I will try those also with X copy. I would much rather use DVDX Copy. Where can I get the Ritek discs?

6. movie_nut

movie_nut Member

I have a Toshiba DVD player and I have used both DVD-R
    and DVD+R. I use an 811s and use both Dvdxcopy & Dvdshrinkit. I've backed up over 250 discs using 4x TDKs and 2x Verbatums. To this day no coasters(knock on wood! lol)

7. boumira

boumira Member

once upon a time Memorex products were good, but not anymore.. I have tried many brands, and Memorex is by far the worst. I discovered this brand that is unexpensive, but it is just fantastic.. I have not made one coaster yet!! It is called KHYPERMEDIA, and I usually buy it at J&R.. although many stores started to carry them.. I buy the +RW for $2 or less on sale..

B.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If you are in the States try supermediastore.com or rima.com, my two favorites.

9. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

I bought a toshiba last year n it would not take any +/- r media I was told that it depends on the laser in the said dvd player
    DaOsT