1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother Board Swap. Possible????

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Aali1011, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Aali1011

Aali1011 Member

ok i know i asked this question before but i got a PS2 the other day and the only thing wrong with it is that the laser is one of the original crummy ones. That and the case is pretty beat. So heres the question again is it possible to swap from a V3 board to a V4. I know the cases are different but whos to say that for the most part mounting isn't. I know theres the whole 10 and 8 screw difference. What i ideally want to do is take the motherboard from the v4 and put it in the v3 case. Just because i have taken car of my PS2 and the case isn't as beat. I remember someone having mentioned laser issues but i forgot what. All opinions would be appreciated. I really want to make this possible so i can order a DMS4 E.Z.I

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

3. Aali1011

Aali1011 Member

So wait there is a difference between the two lasers. What is it exactly. Can somebody explain. Cause if it is firmware or software would the newer mother board be able to support the old one. Or is it mor so mechanical differences.